Tuesday, October 26, 2010

AFTER Baby Phat Split, Kimora Grants Girl's Wish


There's a little news aggregator on the side of the page here. Most the stuff has been from blogs and it doesn't always update as often as I would like. So, I sometimes just glance at it out of habit, but not really with the expectation of seeing something new. But, today something caught my eye and I'm so glad that it did. The headline read, "Wish Granted: Local Girl..." and I knew it was gonna be something good. I was right. :)

It was a story on the Hattiesburg-American's website about a little 8 year old Mississippi girl, suffering from a horribly debilitating disease, whose greatest wish is to be a model. And, guess who came to the rescue to make it happen? Ellen Ciurczak writes:

Taal Moseley, 8, a third-grader at Woodley Elementary School in Hattiesburg, had the wish of a lifetime granted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

"I wanted to be a model. I got my wish granted," said Moseley, while flipping through a photo book of her modeling experience.

The foundation, which helps children with life-threatening medical conditions, sent Moseley to Hollywood to meet fashion mogul and reality TV star Kimora Lee Simmons.

Moseley, and fellow Make-A-Wish recipient Meg Wasley of Holly Springs, N.C., walked the runway in Baby Phat outfits at a birthday party for Simmons' daughter, Aoki.
I don't know what the process was. I don't know if Taal specifically wanted to meet Kimora or if Make-A-Wish called to ask her if she'd do this for the girl, but what a selfless act either way? Just awesome. Kimora could have told them no and considering what we all know now about the drama that was underway with Kellwood Company, it makes it even more spectacular! I remember her warmly tweeting about this experience with Taal and it makes me admire her even more. She could have easily called it off, but like more than a true professional...like a mother, like a humanitarian, she decided that a sick little girl's wish was more important.

Be sure to read the whole article and remember, we don't roll with Baby Phat anymore. No respect? No dollars. Don't let the warm fuzzies in this article fool you. This was pre-f*ck Kellwood. Check out KLS.com to find a number of ways to support Kimora and then head over to her Twitter page to let her know how great you think she is for doing this for Taal! --Sugar

1 comment:

  1. This is so sad it is wonderful that KLS did this for her it is awesome. Margaret the other make a wish girl died on my moms b-day last year and it makes me sad that when i was celebrating with my family this little girl was dieing without her family with her. Now she is in a good place and she doesn't have to fight the battle anymore. I am one of the people who gave her family flowers and a goodie basket. I spent $70 on this family because it is so sad i wish the best to these two families.

    ReplyDelete