Thursday, December 29, 2011

Kimora Talks Fashion of the Future


I was just about to start watching season two of Entourage (shuddup!) when I decided I'd better do a quick search to make sure I hadn't missed anything that needed to go up here today.  The failure to post the information about Michael Kramer's departure from Kellwood Company until over two weeks after he'd crawled away is haunting me.  The jerks don't deserve a second of a break. I wanna ride those arses like a Thorouhbred!

Anyway, I checked the Facebook page for this site, then clicked the link to Kimora's Facebook page to make sure she hadn't posted something there that I need to post here when I saw a comment that piqued my interest.  A guy named Patrick McHale wrote: "Just Fabulous Inc. and you featured on front page of LA Times Business section...all this, while at the beach!" I knew it was going to be good, so I headed on over to the L.A. Times website and found this article, Online Shoe Clubs are in Step With Fashion Forward Women. I'm guessing the picture that McHale mentioned was in the print edition, because the picture above is from a previous shoot. But, that's a small matter.  Let's get to it.

The article, which is pretty good, focuses on the more popular websites offering memberships into clubs that allow members to purchase great shoes offering a great variety at great prices.  I like to keep my finger on the pulse of what's happening with the economy as it relates to things like fashion, film and other arts-related areas because a sour economy can really deal some crushing blows in those sectors. 

That's where the genius of these "shoe clubs" comes in.  Who better to take something that deals with shoes (and other items like handbags, denim and jewelry) and a necessity for business shrewdness and work it into submission but Kimora Lee Simmons?  The new President and Creative Director of Just Fabulous, Inc., one such online "shoe club", had this to say in the article:
"This is fashion of the future," said celebrity fashion designer Kimora Lee Simmons, who recently signed on as president, creative director and an investor of JustFabulous Inc., an El Segundo membership club. "It speaks to the modern-day woman's budget and lifestyle."
Check out the full article.  There's some other interesting information there about Just Fabulous and how tremendously well things are going for the still fairly new company. With Kimora Lee Simmons leading the way and offering fresh new ideas and vision, it is most certain to take off like a rocket.  She is relentless and that's one of the chief ingredients in the recipe for success.  She's rebuilding and moving into a bright new future after what these jerks did, so her success will almost serve as a sort of revenge for all of that ridiculousness.  It makes my heart smile.

And, if you haven't already, join Just Fabulous!  I've only ordered a single pair of shoes for myself from the site, some boots, but I ordered my sister some great shoes and an awesome clutch for Christmas a few weeks ago and she loved them.  Fashion of the future.... --Sugar 

No comments:

Post a Comment